fredag 1 oktober 2010

London Day 4

Today I'm going to Towern. Towern is a big castle museum near Big Ben. As usual I took the bus there. The museum tickets were really expensive, about 20 pounds each! While inside, I saw those english guards you see on TV, the ones with red costumes and a long, furry hat made out of grizzly skin. They just stood there staring into nothing. I didn't try to speak to them because I thought they weren't allowed to say anything. But I entered the museum and saw some armors from late medieval and a bit deeper into the museum I saw some more armors. In another chamber there were some displaycases protecting both new and old weapons. Most of the weapons were old firearms from WW1. The older weapons consisted mostly of claymores and maces.
A few hours later I decided to move on to the next part of the museum with jewelry. They even had the royal jewels out for display today! I recognised some of the gems, the most famous is called The star of Africa and is the worlds largest polished diamond. But it was getting late so I headed back to the hotel to rest.

Emil Gutmann, Saturday 2010

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar